Due to the rapidly increasing number of flu cases in our area, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Candler Hospital are implementing visitor restrictions to protect patients, visitors and our co-workers.
Flu cases started increasing in November and for the last three weeks patient with influenza-like illnesses at our hospitals have been above the state baseline.
• Do not visit any patients at St. Joseph’s Hospital or Candler Hospital patient if you have any signs or symptoms of influenza.
• Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit any patients at St. Joseph’s Hospital or Candler Hospital.
• Those under the age of 18 cannot visit patients at the Telfair Birthplace at Candler Hospital unless they are the primary caretaker.
• Only children seeking treatment should come to the hospitals.
• Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to wait for family in any waiting area.
• Patients can only receive two visitors at a time.
Flu-like symptoms include:
• Fever (100 degrees or more)
• Sore throat
• Muscle/joint/body aches
To help prevent the spread of the flu, please wash your hands regularly, cover your cough and sneezes, and get the flu vaccine. The vaccine can be obtained at any of the St. Joseph’s/Candler Physician Network Primary Care offices. Call 912-819-8888 for an appointment or visit www.sjchs.org/primarycare.